Saturday, July 9, 2011

the best surprise ever.


Well I am back in the good ol' U.S.A. Caitlin and I got back on July 2nd and headed straight to the beach for a week. I am now at home, and I have to say it is so weird to be back. I have continued to journal and hope to share in the near future all the Lord taught me while in Honduras, but for now I am going to share the story of the best surprise ever. 

On Saturday morning it was still not real that my time in Honduras was over. I hate goodbyes, so I am pretty sure that I was in denial, I might still be. For our last breakfast Karla (one of our awesome translators) brought us Dunkin Donuts and fruit drinks. After breakfast, it was time to load up our suitcases and take some last pictures at the Humuya Inn (our home for the month of june). On Friday, I saw a text on Karla's phone to one of our CTC students. It was telling her what time we were leaving for the airport. I didn't really think much about it on Friday, but on Friday night I had a dream that the CTC students surprised us at the airport. When we got to the airport on Saturday and they were not there, I thought maybe Karla had texted them just to let them know when we were leaving. With the thought of them being there completely out of my head, we got our boarding passes, checked our bags, and got cleared by immigration. In Honduras you have to pay to leave the country. We were all standing in line when an airport worker told us that one person could pay for us all. Mary Elizabeth (our awesome leader) was in charge of all the money, so Kimberly, Caitlin, Sarah and I decided to go sit down and just wait on her to pay. As I turned around I saw Daniel (one of our CTC students) with a guitar and a group of people. After a couple of seconds I realized that the group of people standing in front of me were all from the CTC. They had come to surprise us and say goodbye! :) I immediately started to tear up. They then told us they had something for us...that is when they started to sing "Joyfullly" by Kari Jobe in the middle of the airport. I do not think that I have ever heard that song sound better. After giving each of them four hundred hugs and saying goodbye to Louie, Karla, Sarah and Mary Elizabeth, it was time for Kimberly, Caitlin and I to head through security. I am pretty sure we were all depressed by this point and I will admit I cried at random times on the plane. I do not know if they will ever know how much it meant to me that they came to say goodbye. I have told them a hundred times and now I am telling you- I honestly got to spend a month with the nicest people in Honduras. I cannot wait to see them again. Here is the video of them singing to us in the airport. enjoy. :) 






This past week for me has been hard in many ways. I have really struggled with my attitude about being home. I know that the Lord is sovereign and that I was only supposed to stay in Honduras for a month, but my flesh wants to be back in Honduras badly. Please pray for my attitude in the following weeks. I do not want my sin to get in the way of the Lord using me in the mission field at home. Also pray for Maria and Carlos (the kiddos I talked about in an earlier post) they were sent home last Saturday. Pray that they would be protected from any physical and emotional abuse from their parents, and pray for their parents' salvation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment