Monday, May 23, 2011

groovy.


I have wanted to tie-dye t-shirts for a while. I meant to plan a day last semester in auburn to do it, but I never got around to it. So, when my mom came home a couple of weeks ago and said she wanted to tie-dye some t-shirts, I was super pumped!  On Saturday my grandparents, sister, brother-in-law and sweet niece came over to grill out. While the men were doing "manly" things, all of us girls decided to tie-dye some t-shirts.  


We might have gone a little overboard at Walmart. 


I am pretty sure I have the best mom. :) 


After tie-dying the t-shirts we ate some sweet beer chicken my Papa had grilled and had a friendly competitive game of tape-ball in the front yard. I have to add that my team won and yours truly caught a line drive to end the game (this NEVER happens and sadly I don't think it will again.) 

When you tie-dye t-shirts it good to wait a day before you wash them. This helps the color become more vibrant and last longer. So, after waiting a day we decided to open them last night to see what they looked like. Some turned out cute, others....not so much, but either way I can't wait to sport some tie-dye in Honduras. 







Only 9 days until I leave for Dallas and 11days until I leave for Honduras! 

No comments:

Post a Comment