Wednesday, June 1, 2011

quick update.

We are all three safely in Dallas. Mary Elizabeth arrived yesterday afternoon and Caitlin and I arrived this morning around 10. Most of the day was spent in training- learning the history of Buckner, what all Buckner is involved in, and getting to know other interns. I have to admit than when I first arrived, I was a bit overwhelmed. Yes, my sisters are here with me ;however, I tend to be more reserved when I am around a large group of people I don't know. I did eventually start to open up and have met some great people heading to various countries to serve the Lord. After training the Honduras team went with a Buckner staff member Analiz to eat some Mexican food. It was delicious and we had a great time getting to know each other. I am now sitting in the hotel room about to get some sleep. I am exhausted from only getting about four hours of sleep last night. Tomorrow we will work in the warehouse gathering humanitarian aid, and continue with our training. Mary Elizabeth, Caitlin, Kimberly and I will fly out at 5:30 on friday morning. You know what that means- we will be getting the the airport at around 3- 3:30. YIKES! Sleep on the plane- I think YES! Please continue to pray that we would have safe travels to Honduras, and that the Lord would continue to prepare our hearts as we are getting ready to leave. 


-As my man Steven Curtis Chapman says: 
   Saddle up your horses we've got a trail to blaze. Through the wild blue yonder of God's amazing grace. Let's follow our leader into the glorious unknown. This is a life like no other- this is THE GREAT ADVENTURE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment